Perform all methods of cookery, portion control, garnishing of dishes and follow recipes in accordance with standards set forth by Pinehurst. Follow direction of Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and/or Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and a minimum of 1 year related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
• Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions
• Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
• Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with Pinehurst standards.
• Control proper usage and rotation of food.
• Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with Pinehurst standards.
• Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on Pinehurst culinary operations.
• Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis.
• Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary workstation.
• Ensure work station and all equipment is clean and sanitized prior to the change of shift.
• Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary by Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef on duty & as changes occur in work environment and/or workload.
• Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by the Pinehurst culinary management team.
• Attend departmental Safety Meetings on a regular basis.
• Assist other departments as needed.
• Perform other job duties as assigned
Have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.