To promote, sell and service food & beverage (non-group) functions or small weddings through active solicitation of local businesses and organizations, participation in community programs and wedding tradeshows for the Pinehurst Country Club. Work closely with social sales to book small group functions and rooms only wedding blocks.
Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of two years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
• Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions.
• Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals within market assigned.
• Have working knowledge of operations of all departments.
• Have working knowledge of competition.
• Maintain customer relations, trade relations, industry relations, and staff relations.
• Follow all sales/service procedures.
• Maximize outcomes of all sales calls, tradeshows, and site visits.
• Participate in all sales, conference services, special events committee meetings, BEO and catering meetings.
• Handle all booking procedures: generating and completing all necessary forms, follow through procedures, correspondence and post-booking procedures.
• Work closely with all departments to ensure all details are communicated.
• Train and learn Visual One in both reservations and sales modules, as well as GolfPro.
• Maintain thorough understanding of the philosophies and strategies that revolve around the rooms and golf aspect of Pinehurst’s business (arrival/departure patterns, golden weekends, pricing, tournament formats and tee time demand).
• Work with Members to maintain and create new business for the Country Club.
• Ability to turn creative thinking relative to events into an executable plan.
• Account management.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.