The primary purpose of the Sous Chef- Deuce is to assist the PCC Executive Chef and the Chef De Cuisine in the management of kitchen department operations, in order to ensure the highest levels of food quality, safety and sanitation are monitored and maintained at all times.
High School Diploma, Culinary School Degree and a minimum of five years’ experience. Have a minimum of three years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
• Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions
• Responsible for the ordering and overseeing and/or performing preparation of all foods during his/her shift, in accordance with guidelines and standardized recipes set by Pinehurst.
• Ensure all Employee Partners are properly trained and follow all safety and sanitation precautions for his/her specific job.
• Responsible for placement and coordination of Employee Partners and their daily tasks.
• Plays an active role into food specials of the day and seasonal menu changes
• Responsible for inspection of all food to ensure its consistency.
• Responsible for the proper set-up and presentation of all food and buffets throughout shift.
• Ensure all buffet food is being monitored and changed throughout entire specified time of buffet.
• Ensure all Employee Partners adhere to scheduled hours. Must sign off and explain any changes or additional hours necessary beyond original schedule.
• Ensure proper communication is taking place with the PCC Executive Chef so that all pertinent information necessary for business is relayed.
• Responsible for communication with the front of the house captains and/or managers.
• Responsible for the annual performance review of respective department’s Employee Partners.
• Responsible for the daily kitchen shift meetings and communicating the Safety and Sanitation topics, according to the department’s Annual Safety Calendar/Program.
• Responsible for filling out and following through with any necessary Incident Reports during respective shift.
• Assume responsibility for appropriate kitchen business in absence of PCC Executive Chef and Chef De Cuisine.
• Be proactive in any and all situations which could arise that may have an adverse effect on the integrity of the kitchen culinary operation. Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon the principles of Pinehurst and PCC Executive Chef.
• Work with the Stewarding Supervisor and/or Executive Steward in filling out necessary equipment requisitions for culinary equipment needs.
• Plan and execute monthly departmental Inventory process, according to Resort/EATEC standards.
• Ensure the Employee Partner meals are prepared to the highest quality standards. Handle any needs that arise and address any concerns.
• Utilize Recipe, Requisition, and other features of the EATEC system.
• In this position you will be expected to be available to work in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets depending on business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays wherever needed even if your primary outlet is closed.
• Perform other job duties as assigned
Have basic math skills to figure amounts, fractions, proportions, percentages, discounts and food costing information.