- Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
- Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
- Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
- Properly mix, scale & bake breakfast pastries, e.g. Danish, muffins, and croissants. (AM)
- Set up the breakfast display each morning. (AM)
- Properly mix, scale, proof & back all breads & rolls. (AM/PM)
- Produce pies, cakes, breads, tarts, cookies, petit fours, icing, fillings & sauces, in a timely manner and according to the standards of the Resort, Pastry Chef, and Resort Executive Chef. (AM/PM)
- Decorate cakes & garnish dessert items. (AM/PM)
- Meet bakeshop production demands. (AM/PM)
- Fill requisitions from the Resort outlets. (AM/PM)
- Practice proper safety and sanitation procedures. (AM/PM)
- Safely operate large oven & bake items at appropriate temperatures. (AM/PM)
- Set up & breakdown banquet & buffet displays in a timely manner and with appropriate/requested presentation. (AM/PM)
- Perform tableside & banquet dessert services, e.g. peach flambé, bananas foster. (AM/PM)
- Follow appropriate timekeeping procedures each shift, and immediately report any missed or incorrect time punches. (AM/PM)
- Consistently wear appropriate uniform and shoes for work. (AM/PM)
- Attend Safety and other training/meetings as required. (AM/PM)
- Other tasks deemed necessary by the Pastry Chef for fulfilling the above requirements. (AM/PM)
- Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary by Resort Executive Chef, Pastry Chef or Sous Chef on duty, & as changes occur in work environment and/or workload.
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by the Pinehurst Resort culinary management team.
- Operate within established guidelines, policies, standards and constraints set forth by Pinehurst Resort.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Adhere to all Property and Department standards including Safety Guidelines.
- Attend departmental Safety Meetings on a regular basis.
- In this position, you will be expected to be available to work in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets, depending on business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays, wherever needed, even if your primary outlet is closed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
APPEARANCE AND GROOMING:
Professional and appropriate to kitchen activities. Shoes must be sturdy with non-skid soles. All Employee Partners must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (for specifics, refer to the Pinehurst Employee Partner Guide).