The primary purpose of this position is to generate group room nights. Solicit new and repeat business through a proactive sales approach that incorporates consultative selling skills. This position is also required to be responsible for their own geographic (or vertical) territory and corresponding room night goals (future and in the year for the year). This person will maximize segment room nights and revenues through direct sales, site visits, strategic travel, marketing and designated value add activities.
Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of 3 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience at a 4/5 Star/Diamond luxury golf resort required.
• Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
• Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions.
• Responsible for achieving room night target goals to help organization hit financial goal.
• Identify, solicit and convert accounts through smart solicitation, qualifying new business using excellent written/oral communication, as well as strategic travel and site visits.
• Attend weekly sales meetings.
• Complete required documentation within property software system, weekly sales productivity report and general account information for each booking.
• Maintain updated account database within property software system with all accounts being categorized as A, B or C
• Coordinate all aspects for prospective client site visits ensuring the Resort has best chance to win the business.
• Be a good ambassador of Pinehurst when attending business meetings or social events – always leading by example. Maintain professional image at all times.
• Always have a positive attitude and portray a spirit of hospitality with guests, members and fellow employees.
• Use sound judgment when evaluating group business for Pinehurst. All business should be the right business for Pinehurst.
• Complete necessary documents for quarterly and annual sales plan.
• Plan and execute sales trips and tradeshows, if applicable, within market territory.
• Follow-up on leads within 24 hours.
• Effectively communicate with other departments throughout the resort. Build trust with interdepartmental managers.
• Assist with performance appraisals with administrative sales assistant.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate discounts, commissions and percentages.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Golf Pro and Visual 1.
Superior Sales Skills – A proven track record of selling and maintaining accounts. Maintains a strong appetite to produce and hitting a goal. Understands the importance of a daily, weekly, and monthly disciplined process to prospecting. Accept sales leadership responsibilities by modeling innovative selling techniques, commitment to industry and personal development. Possess a commitment to “getting the deal done and enjoys the pursuit of finding new business.
Keen Relationship Building Skills – Has ability to create, nurture and manage strong relationships and prospects. Has a high-touch responsive personal style and communicating in an articulate, open and sincere manner that engenders trust with others.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Thrives and feels comfortable with customer engagement.