The primary purpose of this position is to perform preventative maintenance and basic maintenance tasks involving the physical club operation to ensure a safe working environment for the guests and personnel. The general maintenance person will be responsible for performing various tasks including: basic electrical, equipment repair, plumbing, painting, heating/cooling, structural, and carpentry. In addition, it is the expectation that the technician will schedule larger projects to be completed through resort maintenance and when necessary, through third party company approved vendors.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
• Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions
• Must possess customer service skills, a high level of professionalism, and exceptional professional appearance
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize projects.
• Must be organized and maintain a clean, neat and orderly supply/tool area.
• Must be able to manage time by completing one task before starting another and/or by grouping jobs together that require the same skill set that are alike.
• Act as project manager and keep an organized list of projects that are completed, current, or assigned to a 3rd party. Technician must follow through to see that projects are completed to the expectation of the management team.
• Walk the buildings on a weekly basis and determine if a repair is needed before it breaks.
• Schedule and complete quarterly or semi-annually preventive maintenance on changing clubhouse HVAC filters and belts, as well as any other filters in F&B.
• Report daily to the member service manager at the beginning and end of each shift for the maintenance projects that are to be completed that day. Must communicate with the manager when borrowing company truck and leaving property for supplies.
• Repair and re-key locks on offices and meeting rooms when needed. Make keys and distribute according to general manager desire and log with receptionist when old are thrown away and new are issued.
• Participate in supply pickup at the hotel if needed.
• Partner with the resort fire maintenance manager and see that the buildings meet fire inspection standards.
• Attend fire and safety training meetings.
• Partner with the resort aquatics projects supervisor to see that the No. 9 pool is in good working order.
• Support the housekeeping team on a limited basis to see that supplies are maintained in the restroom and comfort stations.
• Assist other maintenance personnel and perform duties assigned by management.
• Respond to all Fire Calls when clocked in and scheduled if a call occurs.
• Answer maintenance calls from guest and management and make repairs.
• Must possess a valid NC Driver’s License and pass the resort Motor Vehicle Report.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.