The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Pro Manager for Courses No. 6 & No. 8 with the daily operations of Course No. 6. Responsible for the supervision of No. 6 staff.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum two years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be a Class “A” Member of the PGA or in the process of acquiring credentials.
• Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
• Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions
• Positive team attitude.
• Assist in overseeing the duties relating to the daily operation of the Golf Shop
• Assist in the running of all members events scheduled at No. 6.
• Responsible for daily opening and closing procedures. (bank, alarm, computer, etc.)
• Attend appropriate P.G.A./ GPTP levels annually.
• Interact and observe instruction and methodology at PGA
• Teach clinics, golf schools, and individual lessons.
• Attend continuing education and cross-training programs.
• Assist with inventory control on a monthly basis.
• Assist with tournament preparation and execution.
• Daily No. 6 shop maintenance. (restocking, cleaning, reorganizing, etc.)
• Responsible for training, and disciplining Employee Partners.
• Insure a seamless golfing experience for members and guests.
• Daily point of sale and scheduling tee times.
• Play in various outings, events, and tournaments.
• Meet and exceed guest expectations.
• Train and supervise staff.
• Allocate department staffing based upon member/resort business needs.
• Complete weekly schedule.
• Execute and communicate management objectives.
• Approve vacation and time off.
• Set and enforce department cleaning schedule.
• Conduct periodic golf cart cleaning inspections.
• Forecast weekly labor projections.
• Assist with group golf outings.
• Coordinate maintenance procedures and record keeping.
• Maintain spare parts inventory and towel/tee inventory.
• Oversee golf car rotation.
• Coordinate detailing of golf cars.
• Insure cleanliness of golf cars on a daily basis.
• Must be available to work varied shifts.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be aware of surroundings with an understanding of a golf environment.
• Must have the ability to see and react to the surroundings including errant golf balls and must understand and follow proper golf etiquette while completing tasks.
• Perform other job duties as assigned
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.