Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
- Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
- Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions
- Be knowledgeable regarding the general rules of the play of golf
- Be able to stand for several hours consecutively
- Be physically able to operate a golf cart, getting in and out periodically for several hours a day
- Be able to tolerate adverse weather conditions
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Checking tee sheets, and directing players to the starting tee in a timely fashion
- Inform players about daily course conditions, special playing conditions, and any general guidelines regarding play at Pinehurst each day
- Be totally familiar with the courses of responsibility, monitoring specific conditions on the courses as well as tracking the timeliness of play of Members and Guests
- Be accessible to players for service or assistance at all times
- Must be aware of surroundings with an understanding of a golf environment. Must have the ability to see and react to the surroundings including errant golf balls and must understand and follow proper golf etiquette while completing tasks
- The Starter/Ranger may be responsible to:
- Check for payment vouchers of players.
- Check for proper functioning of certain equipment in and around the golf course.
- Report faulty golf course conditions.
- Keep accurate records; and perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time such as the return of abandoned carts, delivering messages, people, and equipment to the respective golf courses.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the company's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of the position you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Possess the skill necessary to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.