The primary purpose of this position is to handle the golf shop operations on a day to day basis. The individual must have a strong working relationship with the other team members, including No. 9 staff and staff across the resort. The individual would perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to: checking in golfers for tee times on course No. 9; directing customers to all areas of the resort; answering all phone calls; informing people of different resort activities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and a minimum of one month related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Display friendliness and helpfulness at all times, to Members, Guests, Visitors, Business Partners and fellow Employee Partners.
• Adhere to all Property and Department policies and procedures.
• Observe all safety and security procedures. Use equipment and material properly. Report potentially unsafe conditions
• Greet members/guests in accordance with Pinehurst standards and direct them to resort amenities.
• Check-in members/guests for golf and help with any facet of the Club they are enquiring about.
• Utilize tee time computer system accurately and efficiently to ensure proper tee times for each member/guest.
• Handle a high volume of telephone inquiries while providing timely assistance.
• Assist members & guests with retail products, finding correct merchandise sizes, and providing information pertaining to the product.
• Responsible for knowing all facets of the No. 9 facility and serve as the overseer of the operation at times
• Responsible for keeping the Golf Shop neat and clean throughout the day.
• Assist with Inventory as requested.
• Assist professional staff with corporate outings and member tournaments.
• Handle customer relation concerns/issues focusing customer service.
• Assist the Head Professional and Assistant Professional as needed.
• Because of the fluctuating demands of the company's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed. This position requires the individual to be flexible with their schedule and may be required to work on holidays
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.